To learn how to best facilitate spoken language learning, teachers and SLPs observe CID students with needs similar to those of their own students.
Contact Ellie White firstname.lastname@example.org 314.977.0207
CID GUIDED OBSERVATIONS
1. Observers and CID staff meet to discuss issues related to the request for observation and information.
2. Classroom observation with staff guidance. Explanation during observation includes:
- lesson objectives
- techniques and strategies used to teach/develop listening, language and speech skills
- techniques and strategies used to weave listening, language and speech development throughout the day
- analysis of teacher behaviors
- analysis of child feedback
3. Participants meet with staff for discussion and question/answer.
Cost $125/hour (1–4 participants attend.)
- to provide an opportunity to learn the components of a complete program for a child who is deaf or hard of hearing and learning to use spoken language
- to provide opportunities to observe listening and spoken language experts use best practices for listening, language and speech instruction
- to provide detailed explanations of instruction while it occurs as well as follow-up discussions post-observation
Administrators, teachers, speech-language pathologists